It’s one of the most memorable events that can happen to an artist of any genre. That first time you hear your own voice, or yourself playing the guitar, drums or keys on the radio will forever be ingrained on your psyche. That is, until you perform at the Olympics closing ceremony with Pink Floyd.
This is the life of Mr. Ed Sheeran.
Watch below as the young UK singer performs his single, “The A Team,” live in front of some lucky Fresh listeners at City Winery NYC, then talks about hearing the song for the first time on the radio.
Ed remembers that he was in Reading, England, in a car with his ex-girlfriend and her house mate. They were driving to a train station while listening to Radio 1.
“I was like ‘this is the first time I’ve heard my song on the radio’,” explains Ed. “This is wicked! Awesome!”
When they got to the station, the song was half over so Ed asked if they could just sit and listen to the rest.
“Kat, the girl driving, was like ‘yeah sure’,” Ed continued. “She pulled up the car, turned off the keys and took [them] out and the radio switched off. I was like ‘no no turn it back on!'”
“We searched for a long time, got back to Radio 1 and they were playing another tune.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen
- ‘Game of Thrones': The Musical? Coldplay Make It a Reality For a Good Cause