Ed Sheeran Looks Ahead To Playing New Songs On SNL With a Full Band
Ed stopped by ahead of his upcoming Saturday Night Live appearance (Sat., April 12) to let us know that he’s incredibly excited to be performing on such an iconic stage, and that he’s really looking forward to performing his new single “Sing” as well as a brand new song from his new album ‘X’ that no one has heard yet – with a full band.
“We’re going to be debuting… actually it’s my first live performance of that [new] song,” says Sheeran.
When asked if he was feeling a little nervous to be taking the SNL stage, Sheeran confirmed those jitters because “so many prestigious and important people tune into it – that’s where the music bloggers and reviewers and journalists tune in just to see if you’re gonna get it wrong.”
“But,” continued Sheeran, “I think it will be fun. They’re all about live performances with bands, and this is the first time I’ve used a band… ever on TV, so it should be really fun. It’s a really good band.”
Be sure to tune in to SNL this Saturday night at 11:30PM on NBC and come back to Fresh 102.7 on Monday morning at 6AM – Ed Sheeran will be in the studio once again with Jim & Kim to give us some more details on his upcoming album, ‘X (Multiply),’ which is due out June 23rd, and what we should expect from the singer in the coming months.
–Joe Cingrana/Fresh 102.7
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings