Courtney Love Says Kurt Cobain Musical ‘Very Likely’
Love made the revelation during an interview with NME for a special Cobain tribute issue to mark the 20th anniversary of his death in 1994.
“After being swarmed by tons of Nirvana fan mail and social-media posts pushing for a musical to become a reality, both [daughter] Frances [Bean Cobain] and I have thought long and hard and agreed that if we can reach up to the highest shelf and select a team of the greatest and most respected writers, producers and directors, then a Broadway musical is very likely to happen,” Love told the magazine.
“There would have to be a story, and a great story, one that hasn’t been told before,” the Hole frontwoman continued. “I would devote countless hours with an A-team to create a project that reflects Kurt in the most respectful but honest way possible, so that his story, his music and his legacy can be resurrected on stage for not only the world to see, but more importantly for our daughter to see. I know her father’s spirit will be on that stage, and sitting in that theater with her will be the most emotional experience of our lives.”
– Scott T. Sterling, Radio.com
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’