John Lennon’s Short Drawings, Doodles and Short Stories Going Up For Auction
This summer, the largest collection of John Lennon’s writing, drawings and doodles is going up for auction at Sotheby’s in New York.
The items included in the auction, taking place June 4, come from the private collection of publisher, Tom Maschler, who worked closely with Lennon on the production of his two books 1964’s In His Own Write and the following year’s A Spaniard in the Works.
According to Rolling Stone, the collection, named “You Might Well Arsk,” will include “satirical drawings, doodles and gibberish poems” with the highlight being the handwritten manuscript for “The Singularge Experience of Miss Anne Duffield,” a Sherlock Holmes parody Lennon wrote in 1965. That item is expected to go for anywhere between $40,000 and $60,000.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired