By Jeremy D. Larson
In a rare late-night TV interview and performance on Arsenio tonight (March 4), Prince premiered a new song and proved when it comes to his stage decor, there can never be enough fog.
Joined by his mostly female band 3RDEYEGIRL, the Purple One debuted his new song “FUNKNROLL” which, as one might decipher from the all-caps title, is a funky nod to his early days.
Prince, flanked with dancers, showed off a few moves and did a little spoken word that had him directing the crowd to “put your phone down and get the party on.” We’ll say the party officially started when Prince was joined by a big brass band and everyone on stage and in the audience started doing the jive. Ain’t no party like a Prince party.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Have Lunch with Hillary Clinton
- ‘I Almost Passed on Katy Perry’: An Interview with Lava Records CEO Jason Flom
- The Song of the Summer 2016 Has Been Crowned
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Caught Smooching
- Britney Spears Auctions Clothing for Louisiana Flood Relief
- Don’t Miss Halle Berry’s Dramatic Reading of ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’
- Daft Punk and the Weeknd are Reportedly Collaborating
- Coldplay Cover Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ with James Corden
- Berlin Pays Tribute to Bowie with Commemorative Plaque
- Twisted Sister Frontman Turns ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It’ into Piano Ballad