By Jeremy D. Larson
In a rare late-night TV interview and performance on Arsenio tonight (March 4), Prince premiered a new song and proved when it comes to his stage decor, there can never be enough fog.
Joined by his mostly female band 3RDEYEGIRL, the Purple One debuted his new song “FUNKNROLL” which, as one might decipher from the all-caps title, is a funky nod to his early days.
Prince, flanked with dancers, showed off a few moves and did a little spoken word that had him directing the crowd to “put your phone down and get the party on.” We’ll say the party officially started when Prince was joined by a big brass band and everyone on stage and in the audience started doing the jive. Ain’t no party like a Prince party.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- American Idol Winner Nick Fradiani Reveals Title of New Album
- Taylor Swift Nearly Kicked Out of Coachella for Dancing Too Hard
- Blake Shelton Defends Beyoncé’s Country Tune ‘Daddy Lesson’
- The Rolling Stones Tell Donald Trump to Stop Using Their Music
- Anthony Keidis on Making Red Hot Chili Peppers’ New Album ‘The Getaway’
- Painkiller Percocet Present in Prince’s Body: Report
- Janet Jackson is Pregnant: Report
- Britney Spears Writes Touching Mother’s Day Letter
- Dave Grohl is Now for Sale
- Train to Release ‘Led Zeppelin II’ Cover Album