Watch Prince Premiere New Song ‘FUNKNROLL’ on Arsenio
By Jeremy D. Larson
In a rare late-night TV interview and performance on Arsenio tonight (March 4), Prince premiered a new song and proved when it comes to his stage decor, there can never be enough fog.
Joined by his mostly female band 3RDEYEGIRL, the Purple One debuted his new song “FUNKNROLL” which, as one might decipher from the all-caps title, is a funky nod to his early days.
Prince, flanked with dancers, showed off a few moves and did a little spoken word that had him directing the crowd to “put your phone down and get the party on.” We’ll say the party officially started when Prince was joined by a big brass band and everyone on stage and in the audience started doing the jive. Ain’t no party like a Prince party.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
- The College Life of Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo Inspires New TV Show
- John Lennon’s Killer Says He’s ‘Sorry For Being Such An Idiot’
- Jack White, Eddie Vedder & Paul Simon All Went to the Same Mariners Game: See the Epic Group Photo
- Lady Gaga Joins Queen and Adam Lambert for “Another One Bites the Dust” Live: Watch
- Single Again: Semisonic – ‘Closing Time’
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs