By Jeremy D. Larson
In a rare late-night TV interview and performance on Arsenio tonight (March 4), Prince premiered a new song and proved when it comes to his stage decor, there can never be enough fog.
Joined by his mostly female band 3RDEYEGIRL, the Purple One debuted his new song “FUNKNROLL” which, as one might decipher from the all-caps title, is a funky nod to his early days.
Prince, flanked with dancers, showed off a few moves and did a little spoken word that had him directing the crowd to “put your phone down and get the party on.” We’ll say the party officially started when Prince was joined by a big brass band and everyone on stage and in the audience started doing the jive. Ain’t no party like a Prince party.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Hayden Panettiere and Christina Aguilera Join Forces for ‘Lady Marmalade’
- Kanye West Teases Sneak Peek of ‘Yeezy Season 3’
- Peter Cetera Bows Out of Chicago Reunion — Again
- Bey and Jay Still Crazy in Love?
- Why Ed Sheeran’s ‘Thinking Out Loud’ Should Win the GRAMMY for Song of the Year
- Beyoncé Formation Merchandise to Aid Flint, MI
- Missy Elliot Debuts New Song ‘Pep Rally’ in Super Bowl Ad
- Kanye West Knows What He’s Going to Call His New Album, Maybe
- Drake Confirms He is NOT Performing at The Grammys
- Taylor Swift to Open the GRAMMY Awards