NYC Beer Week: The Happiest Time Of The Year
Some say that “the most wonderful time of the year” is in December. Bah humbug! For me, it starts on Friday, February 21st.
I’m talking about New York City Beer Week!
February 21 through March 2, sixteen amazing New York craft brewers, joined by many more from across the nation and around the world, come together to celebrate the elixir of life – beer.
Opening night is going to be a boozy blast at Grand Central Terminal’s beautiful Vanderbilt Hall featuring 30 “rare and obscure beers,” according to the Beer Week poster.
Some things to expect:
- I live near the Brooklyn Brewery–my favorite amongst all the local breweries, and thankfully, they’ll be one of the New York brewers pouring some of their amazing Brewmaster’s Reserves.
- I also absolutely can’t wait to sip some Sixpoint as well as Kelso, both Brooklyn staples.
- I’ve had a pint or two of BRONX beer too, good stuff! I’m also very excited to try some of the brews I’m not so familiar with…from Harlem, Rockaway, and Queens Breweries.
- Greenport Harbor, way out on Long Island, has a killer tasting room in an old firehouse, and aside from the unique venue, the beer is sooooo good. Definitely worth a visit! And they have great shirts too.
- As for the out of towners, wow! 21st Amendment brews some epic, unique beers. If you’re ever in San Francisco, they have a brewpub with a huge menu of great food.
- There are also some more well-known, national brewers such as Allagash, Peak Organic, Sierra Nevada and Smuttynose (My current addiction! It’s in my fridge at home. It’s over 8% abv. It’s liquid heaven. I want one NOW!!) and you can’t go wrong with those.
After this Friday’s opening night, be sure to check out some of the great beer week events all over the city.
Keep Up With NYC Beer Week:
Follow on Twitter and #NYCBeerWeek!
–Dylan, Fresh 102.7
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com: