Elton John To Honor Liberace At This Year’s Emmys
John will perform a tribute to the late pianist at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards, which airs September 22 on CBS, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No details about his actual performance have been released as of now. It’s the first time the Sir Elton has appeared on the awards show.
The HBO film, Behind the Candelabra, which takes a look at the last ten years of Liberace’s life and the secret affair he had with Scott Thorson, is nominated for 15 Emmys this year including nods for its director, Steven Soderbergh and two stars, Michael Douglas and Matt Damon.
- Elton John: ‘I don’t have to tour. I don’t need the money.”
- Elton John After Surgery: ‘I feel so lucky and grateful to be alive.’
- Elton John’s Top 10 Songs Of All Time
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You