Charli XCX Teams Up With Paramore For U.K. Tour, Apologizes For Postponed Dates
American Charli XCX fans will have to wait just a little longer to see the singer on this side of the Atlantic again.
The singer, famous for writing Icona Pop‘s breakout hit “I Love It” as well as her own highly-praised solo debut, True Romance, took to her social networks to apologize as well as explain why her previously scheduled U.S. fall tour has been postponed — she’s touring her native England with the band Paramore.
“I always feel so welcome in the USA and all of you guys have always been so cool and amazing to play too… So I am really so sad that I’m letting you down like this,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “But this is a big opportunity for me, one that people around me won’t let me decline. I am seriously so sorry to everyone I have let down, and I really do hope that you will be able to make the rescheduled dates (I’m figuring them out right now) and that you will enjoy the new music that is coming very very very soon.”
“At the end of the day, I’ve always said, when it comes to pop music for me, if it’s good, I like it,” the singer told Radio.com during a recent interview while dismissing the concept of musical “guilty pleasures.”
“I know that sounds like a really obvious statement, but there is a lot of really terrible pop music, but there’s also a lot of amazing pop music,” she said. “Some that doesn’t even get recognized as pop music, but it is. As long as it’s emotional and passionate, I like it.”
- Paramore Makes Breakfast, Reveals North American Tour
- Paramore Confesses to Their Love Affair… With New York!
- Radio.com Essentials: Paramore Grows Up
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You