Lady Gaga Reveals Documentary Details, Says Marina Abramović ‘Saved My Life’
Lady Gaga has had a busy few days. In an interview with Carson Daly today (August 13) on Los Angeles station AMP Radio (a Radio.com station), just a day after her new single “Applause” was officially released, Gaga confirmed that she will be headlining the iTunes Music Festival on September 1 in London, where she will perform an hour of all new music.
Moreover, Gaga discussed the documentary she’s been working on, which encompasses the making of her upcoming album ARTPOP, her hip injury and surgery, and behind-the-scenes tour footage. As first revealed in tweets from last Christmas and confirmed today, Gaga is collaborating with distinctive photographer/director Terry Richardson on the feature film, which is due out next year. He traveled the world alongside Gaga, capturing the highs and lows.
It seems Richardson is not the only collaborator on the film. Some of the footage that Gaga shot with New York performance artist Marina Abramović will be incorporated into the doc, and Gaga notes that it will be very, well, naked.
“That’s how I work, I work naked and smoking and drinking and writing,” Gaga told AMP. “I like to feel free.”
Speaking on Abramović, Gaga had only positive things to say regarding the artist, who supposed “sobered [her] up a lot.”
“She saved my life,” Gaga said. “I felt polluted for a while by fame. My time spent with her she spent cleaning my spirit and my house.”
Read more at Radio.com
- Lady Gaga Releases New Single ‘Applause’ Ahead of Schedule
- Lady Gaga Naked And Aware In Video For Performance Artist Marina Abramović
- Lady Gaga Will Release ‘ARTPOP’ This November. Not Only As An Album, But An App Too
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Justin Bieber Apologizes to Fans After ‘Ellen’ Appearance: ‘I’m Not Who I Was Pretending to Be’
- Incubus to Premiere New Single, ‘Absolution Calling,’ on February 5
- Justin Bieber Teases New Music with Song Snippets