Feeling Good, Body & Mind with Katy Perry
It happens to all of us. Right before a big event, the butterflies start doing aerial acrobatics in your belly; you start to break out in hives and you’re asking everyone, including the doorman, if your butt looks big in those jeans. Celebrities are no exception. Even Fresh 102.7′s Kim Berk gets a little self-conscious before going on stage. And she’s a pro.
Also a pro, Katy Perry, whose new single “Roar” is now taking the world by storm. You would think she’s got the whole ‘international pop star thing’ nailed down by now with the pending release of her third full length album, Prism, the follow-up to her highly successful 2010 release Teenage Dream.
When Katy sat down with Kim and her partner Jim yesterday (August 12) Katy revealed that she’s just as human as the rest of us and needs some quality time to devote solely to herself – body and mind. Interestingly enough, one of Katy’s favorite things to do to unwind happens right in our backyard.
“I think making my body feel good boosts my confidence,” Katy told Kim. “I think if I just take a minute to get more sleep and also if I [take] a run. My favorite thing to do here in NYC is bicycle right by the waterfront. Just put on a new record that I want to listen to and just go bicycling up and down, up and down. And go bicycling in Central Park! It is so nice. It’s like all these scenes are changing around you. It’s a beautiful feeling.”
“So, I love the outdoors. I go hiking, I do all the outdoors stuff,” Katy continued. “I just try to make sure my body feels good and then my mind feels good. And then I’m happy.”
- Katy Perry Set To Perform ‘Roar’ At 2013 MTV VMAs
- Watch Katy Perry’s Emoji Lyric Video For ‘Roar’
- No Coffee or Alcohol For Months? Katy Perry’s Pre-’Vogue’ Diet
Keep Up With Katy:
–Joe Cingrana/Fresh 102.7
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target