John Mayer Attempts To Blaze Up Summer With ‘Wildfire,’ New Album
John Mayer‘s summer is gearing up to be a busy one. Currently on the road for his Born and Raised World Tour, Mayer announced today (July 16) that hissixth studio album Paradise Valley will drop August 20.
Fans can pre-order the album on iTunes and instantly receive a download of “Wildfire,” one of 11 tracks on the release. While previous single “Paper Doll” gives a hint at what to expect from the LP, “Wildfire” showcases Mayer’s laid-back style with handclapped rhythms, familiar wavering guitar and Mayer’s signature vocals. Aspiring toward summer anthem status, Mayer sings: “You look fine, fine fine/Put your feet up next to mine/We can watch that water line get higher and higher…You and me been catching on like wildfire.”
The track features a surprisingly higher register for Mayer midway through as he reminds us all that, “A little bit of summer makes a lot of history.” Watch the lyric video below set to the backdrop of his summer tour.
Read more at Radio.com
- Alicia Keys, John Mayer, Stevie Wonder, Kings of Leon To Headline Global Citizen Festival
- John Mayer Buys Fan A Guitar, Causes Tiny Heart Attacks
- John Mayer Tells 23,000 People How He Feels About Katy Perry
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Justin Bieber Apologizes to Fans After ‘Ellen’ Appearance: ‘I’m Not Who I Was Pretending to Be’
- Incubus to Premiere New Single, ‘Absolution Calling,’ on February 5
- Justin Bieber Teases New Music with Song Snippets