Three days after Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel, the British Columbia coroner has announced that the actor died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
After the completion of an autopsy and toxicological analysis yesterday (July 16), it was revealed that Monteith died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.” Police do not suspect foul play and believe the actor died alone.
A release from the coroner stated, “there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”
Monteith, who had struggled with addiction since he was 13, had checked himself into a rehab facility this past April for substance addiction.
- Pop Talk: Remembering Cory Monteith
- Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele Address Passing Of ‘Glee’ Co-Star Cory Monteith
- ‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Dies At 31
- ‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Heads To Rehab, Girlfriend Lea Michele Shows Her Support
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com: