It’s A Boy For Buble, But Will He and His Wife Ever Agree On A Name?
The singer and his wife, Argentine actress/model Luisana Lopilat are currently expecting their first child. In the midst of being giddy over feeling the baby kick for the first time, Buble revealed that they will be having a baby boy!
“I know it’s a boy. The only thing I don’t know is what the name is going to be. I’ve been fighting for very manly names, but she’s fighting me on those,” he said.
That comes as no surprise with the names Buble has on his mind.
“I like Spartacus. What about like Magnus or Thor? – That’s what I call my biceps,” Buble said jokingly.
On a more serious note, Michael says he would like to name his son after the legendary baritone singer Von Monroe.
“The name I really liked was Von ’cause there was a singer named Von Monroe that I grew up loving. This old, big band singer,” Buble said before he began singing a line from “Let It Snow” by Monroe.
But Luisana is not having it. His wife prefers that their son have a Spanish first name, although Michael admits that the “names that she thinks are awesome in Spanish, don’t work in English!”
She is willing to play fair with the baby’s middle name. “The only thing I know is I think that I’m going to honor my father by giving a middle name or middle initial or at least something. And she says that’s okay as long as her father’s initial is there too,” he said.
- Michael Buble Sings In NYC Subway, Melts Hearts During Rush Hour
- Love Advice From Michael Bublè
- Photos: Michael Buble Meets Fans At Fresh 102.7
-Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.7/NYC
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Listen to Robin Gibb’s ‘Days of Wine and Roses’ from Upcoming Final Album
- Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Tom Jones to Play Bridge School Benefit
- President Obama Visits Student Who Wished for Beyoncé Instead
- Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding & Calvin Harris to Perform at the Bermuda Triangle on Halloween
- Impact: Train Aims to ‘Get Into People’s Lives’ with ‘Bulletproof Picasso’
- Rihanna Cut From ‘Thursday Night Football’ Because Of Ray Rice