Olly Murs didn’t plan on releasing a new album this year but after writing five songs in between stints on tour with One Direction, he decided it was the right time. Murs sat down with Radio.com to discuss his new album, aptly titled Right Place Right Time.
“There isn’t really a theme to the album. Whenever I put an album together I look at it like a show, like a tour,” he said. “If you were to come and watch me on a stage would you want there to be the same songs from start to finish where it’s the same production, same feel to it? I think by the time you got to the twelfth song you’d be like, ‘I need to get out of here, it’s just the same.'”
Murs explained that when he records an album he wants to put his personality into the project and produce a versatile release.
“We can mix it up. We can put different styles on it. A different sound of a guitar, a different drum beat. Just completely change each song,” he said. “It’s taking someone in a completely different direction. One minute you’re going left and then you’re going right and then you’re going up and down. You’ve got all these different kinds of songs you can listen to and it gives you a different feel and a different vibe.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani