Wu-Tang Clan, Red Hot Chili Peppers Dominate Coachella 2013’s Stormy Weekend 1 Finale
For all of your buzz bands, superstar DJs, European sensations and celebrity sightings, it was two American musical institutions – the Wu-Tang Clan, representing Staten Island, New York, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers from Los Angeles, California – that dominated a stormy final night of Coachella 2013’s opening weekend.
Like the true Shaolin masters they are, the Wu-Tang Clan stormed the Coachella polo fields from the outdoor stage, generating such a massive influx of fans that the entrance to the VIP viewing area turned into a bottleneck and had to be shut down, while general admission fans packed every available space from the front of the stage stretching back as far as the Do Lab dance area and even the Gobi tent.
- PHOTOS: Wu Tang Clan Reunite @ Coachella 2013
- PHOTOS: Coachella 2013 As Seen By Instagram
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 1
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 2
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 3
Ghostface Killer, Method Man, Raekwon, RZA, Inspecta Deck, U-God, GZA, Masta Killa, Cappadonna – individually, Wu-Tang Clan is home to some of the best (and most lethal) rappers on the planet. At their Coachella performance, they displayed their skills as a group, working together like a battle-ready hip-hop machine, allowing each member to shine while smoothly supporting each other on the mic (they also featured a full string section, providing added depth to RZA’s meticulously produced beats).
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set