Phoenix To Webcast Red Bull Sound Space Performance Wednesday 5PM PDT
Between headlining performances at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival April 13 and 20, the French foursome known as Phoenix will leave R. Kelly behind, hop aboard their tour bus and haul their equipment 138 miles north to the Red Bull Sound Space at KROQ.
Just days away from the release of their fifth album, Bankrupt! (April 22), Phoenix will go from an audience in excess of 75,000 to performing for a mere 310 fans crammed inside of the intimate Sound Space Wednesday, April 18 at 5:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. EDT). In addition to the performance, they will take questions from the audience.
Likely topics will include their friendship with fellow Frenchmen, Daft Punk, whom they admit to texting, their decision to have controversial rapper R. Kelly make surprise appearance on stage during their Coachella set and their chance meeting with Paul McCartney.
Addressing the band’s rapid raise to fame, guitarist Laurent Brancowitz told Stryker Saturday, “We’re glad that the success of the previous record gives us a little extra attention for the (new one). The new album is very precious to us. It needs those few extra listens for it to reveal itself. I think that we had more freedom and less pressure in a way because we had that success.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Charli XCX Coming to ‘SNL’
- Metallica Continue ‘Late Late Show’ Residency with ‘For Whom the Bell Tolls’: Listen
- Sia Offers ‘Iko Iko’ Cover in Pledge on Husband’s Kickstarter Campaign
- The Script’s Video for ‘No Good in Goodbye’ is an Intergalactic Experience: Watch
- Lana Del Rey is Sexually Assaulted in Unearthed NSFW Marilyn Manson Video
- Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood Says Band is ‘Looking Down Avenues’ for Next Album