Phoenix To Webcast Red Bull Sound Space Performance Wednesday 5PM PDT
Between headlining performances at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival April 13 and 20, the French foursome known as Phoenix will leave R. Kelly behind, hop aboard their tour bus and haul their equipment 138 miles north to the Red Bull Sound Space at KROQ.
Just days away from the release of their fifth album, Bankrupt! (April 22), Phoenix will go from an audience in excess of 75,000 to performing for a mere 310 fans crammed inside of the intimate Sound Space Wednesday, April 18 at 5:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. EDT). In addition to the performance, they will take questions from the audience.
Likely topics will include their friendship with fellow Frenchmen, Daft Punk, whom they admit to texting, their decision to have controversial rapper R. Kelly make surprise appearance on stage during their Coachella set and their chance meeting with Paul McCartney.
Addressing the band’s rapid raise to fame, guitarist Laurent Brancowitz told Stryker Saturday, “We’re glad that the success of the previous record gives us a little extra attention for the (new one). The new album is very precious to us. It needs those few extra listens for it to reveal itself. I think that we had more freedom and less pressure in a way because we had that success.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together