Style Files: Coachella Fashion Inspirations
Summer music festival season officially kicks off this weekend as Coachella gets underway. While you might be ready to rock, you might not be ready to pack. For the last minute fashionistas out there, or those of you who haven’t planned your look for weekend two, here’s some Coachella style inspiration.
Coachella Valley is going to be warm and sunny all weekend, reaching a high of 89 on Friday and Saturday and lows in the mid-60s. That means: wear lots of sunscreen. Make-up artist Andie Markoe Byrne (Fergie, Christina Milian, Fiest) recommended Dr. Jart. Their beauty balm goes up to SPF 45, which is great for your skin even if you don’t think you need that much coverage. And it comes in a single universal shade for handy one-stop shopping.
- PHOTOS: Wu Tang Clan Reunite @ Coachella 2013
- PHOTOS: Coachella 2013 As Seen By Instagram
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 1
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 2
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 3
Now that your skin is taken care of, time to pick out some outfits. The first day of any music festival is always the day you dress the nicest (before you’re too exhausted to try anymore). For Friday, we like this yellow sleeveless high-neck, high cut dress from Macy’s. Pair it with neutral 7 for All Mankind sandals and add a cute tribal arm cuff from bebe for a little Native American/Coachella Valley embellishment. Keep a jean jacket on hand to throw over on if you get chilly when the sun goes down.
If you’re not quite sure what you want to do with your hair, check out this fishbraid tail tutorial from hairstylist Jillian Halouska. When in doubt, get your hair off of your neck in the heat!
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Interview: Sky Ferreira on Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Ian & Chad from A Great Big World Play ‘Guess the Celebrity NYU Grad or Dropout’ w/ Jim & Kim
- Watch CHVRCHES Cover Lorde’s ‘Team’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour
- Justin Bieber Surprises SXSW With Intimate Show Surrounded By Screams