Ed Sheeran’s hit song gets a brand new video, featuring enough building blocks to fill a life-sized “Lego House.”
The new version of Sheeran’s “Lego House” hit the Web, featuring a shot-for-shot remake of the official video, using the titular Lego toys in the place of real-life actors. This remake is painstakingly accurate to the original, following a plastic version of Rupert Grint as he mopes about a Lego brick world until encountering the Lego-style Sheeran himself.
The two videos are displayed on a split screen with the live action on the right and the Lego stop motion animation on the left. The result is as uncanny as the resemblance between Ed and Rupert themselves.
From the costumes to the set pieces, this new Lego-style “Lego House” nails the original, and the use of a Harry Potter Ron Weasley Lego figure as Ruper Grint’s character from the video is particularly inspired toy casting.
The new video was created, executed and “Lego-ed” by Dylan Woodley, whose Insomniac Animations has done similar Lego-style videos, including a send-up of Foster The People’s “Houdini.” Check out more of his work HERE.
-Bill Sencio, 96.5 TIC/ Hartford
PLUS, check out Ed’s performances and interviews below from his recent visit to NYC, where he performed “Up Close & Personal” for some lucky fans and Fresh listeners at City Winery… Including Lego House.
Ed Sheeran’s Medley Of “No Diggity” & “Thrift Shop”
- Ed Sheeran Moves To Music City For The Quintessential American Experience
- Does Ed Sheeran Have A Girlfriend?
- Ed Sheeran ‘Gets Down’ With Disco Fries In NYC
- Ed Sheeran’s Raps Jay-Z’s “Empire” Verse From Memory
- Ed Sheeran Talks Tattoos, Red Tour, 1D & More
-Joe Cingrana, Fresh 102.7/NYC
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- What’s The Grossest Food From Your State That People Love To Eat?
- Ed Sheeran Reacts to Lookalike Baby
- Prince’s ‘Sign O The Times’ 30 Years Later: A Look Back at His Magnum Opus
- Lana Del Rey Teases Collaboration with the Weeknd?
- Justin Timberlake Teases Collab with Pharrell Williams, Timbaland
- John Legend Surprises Commuters by Playing Piano at Train Station