Kelly Rowland has secured the ladies of Destiny’s Child for a track on her forthcoming album, Talk a Good Game, but she still has some outstanding collabos to lock down. With a nod to a throwback Mariah Carey song, she has her eye on a record with Nas.
“I have something I want [Nas] to be on right now,” she told Radio.com. “I just have to ask him.”
She explained how Mariah inspired her ideal collaboration.
“[I heard] an incredible collaboration [he did] with Joe and Mariah and it felt good.”
The song Rowland referenced, “Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Forever),” is a remix from Mariah’s 1999 album Rainbow, in which she updated Keith Sweat’s “Make It Last Forever” with a rap verse from Nas and vocals from Joe.
“I have a record and I kinda wanna do that, too,” said Rowland.
Read full story on Radio.com.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani