Professional ballroom dancer Karina Smirnoff from ‘Dancing With The Stars’ called into the morning show earlier to speak with Jim and Kim about Bright Future International, an organization that helps expose children to the arts.
The organization, founded just three years ago by Anthony Melikhov, holds events all over the world that give children the opportunity to learn about art and express themselves.
“To me this is really really special, because to me this is a way to not just give back and help kids and people out,” Smirnoff said. “But this is a way to introduce more and more people to the world of art and let them express themselves.”
On May 8th, Smirnoff will be hosting “Beyond the Ballet: A Magical Evening With Special Guests” at the Beacon Theater on upper Broadway in NYC.
“We’re going to have the future stars of the arts meet the present stars from American Ballet Theater, from Martha Graham [and] Metropolitan Opera. It’s going to have performers, it’s going to have an 11-year-old cellest who is out of this world,” says Smirnoff.
There’s going to be about 300 talented children from the New York area. Even Smirnoff’s dancing partner, Jacoby Jones, wide receiver for the Baltimore Ravens, will be making an appearance.
For the full interview, listen below:
-Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.7/NYC
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- Watch Mary J. Blige Reveal Her ‘Favorite Things’ In New Video
- R. Kelly’s ‘Trapped in the Closet’ to Return with New Chapters in 2014
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business