No matter how much you think you might be sick of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis‘ “Thrift Shop,” Samantha Malson is probably more sick of the ode to cheap clothes than you can even imagine.
Malson, a 23-year-old Colorado woman, was arrested late Saturday (April 6) after allegedly pushing and choking her boyfriend, 26-year-old Lars Hansen, after he would not stop singing the song, currently the No. 1 single in the United States.
- Macklemore Finds Success Despite Sticking To His Indie Roots
- Macklemore On ‘Wings’ NBA Ad: “If That’s Selling Out To You, Word.”
In a phone call to the Longmont, Colorado, Police Department, Radio.com verified that Malson assaulted Hansen after he wouldn’t stop singing the song. She “pushed and eventually choked” her boyfriend, and when asked by police to confirm her story, she “admitted to officers” that she assaulted him.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Nick Jonas Bummed He Didn’t Get a VMA Nod, But Life is Pretty Good
- Ariana Grande and Ricky Alvarez Break Up
- O.A.R. Relay the Need For More Female Voices in the Music Industry
- Lorde Shares Hilarious Uber Story
- MTV Announces 2016 VMA Nominees
- Taylor Swift Fan Committed to Psychiatric Hospital After Stage Rushing Incident