Style Files: Christian Joy On Costuming Karen O of Yeah Yeah Yeahs
In this edition of Style Files, the Brooklyn-based costume designer told us that for the band’s latest album, Mosquito, she and Karen collaborated on a new look they’ve never explored before: suits. A few have been on display already, but you’ll see even more as she takes the stage to play Coachella, Great Googamooga, Firefly Music Festival, and T in the Park.
- PHOTOS: Wu Tang Clan Reunite @ Coachella 2013
- PHOTOS: Coachella 2013 As Seen By Instagram
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 1
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 2
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 3
Watch below, as Joy explains how she dresses Karen O for the stage, the politics of androgynous costuming and how you should dress for this summer music festival season.
The idea of wearing suits on stage is an interestingly androgynous one. Joy explained that many of her fashion influences are more male — think David Bowie and James Brown — because they seem to have more power. And, practically speaking, while wearing a suit no one in the photo pit can shoot up your skirt.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- One Direction Announce 2015 Stadium Tour
- Iggy Azalea Takes on the Haters with ‘Iggy SZN': Listen
- Katy Perry Canceled 30th Birthday Celebration in Egypt Due to ‘Safety Concerns’
- Taylor Swift Shares Full Tracklist for ‘1989’