Radio.com Essentials: Ben Howard Strums His Way Into The Spotlight
Ben Howard may not be a household name just yet, but a big tour with Mumford & Sons, two BRIT Awards for Best Male Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act and a slot at this year’s Coachella are sure to elevate his standing.
While the British singer-songwriter has been compared to Jack Johnson and Nick Drake, his music embodies a distinct darkness that sets him apart. When Radio.com sat down with Howard, he told us the story behind “Oats In the Water,” the haunting track off his 2012 EP The Burgh Island.
Gearing up for a set at Coachella this month, Howard continues to bring his music to the masses. Does he have what it takes to be recognized at, let’s say, the GRAMMYs next year? Some industry experts seem to think so. Find out why Howard has been named New Music To Know.
- PHOTOS: Wu Tang Clan Reunite @ Coachella 2013
- PHOTOS: Coachella 2013 As Seen By Instagram
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 1
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 2
- PHOTOS: Performances at Coachella 2013: Day 3
Spinner.com Editor Dan Reilly, NME correspondent Hazel Sheffield and Radio.com‘s own Jillian Mapes tell us the story of Ben Howard, while Howard himself explains his upbringing and how exactly those haunting tracks came to be written.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign
- Madonna Denies Supposed Album Leak As Stolen ‘Unfinished Demos,’ ‘Form of Terrorism’
- Lorde, Skrillex, Rick Astley & Many More Attempt to Write the Greatest Song Ever: Watch
- Craig Wayne Boyd Wins Season 7 of ‘The Voice’
- Amy Adams Just Loves One Direction So Much: Watch
- Justin Timberlake & Jimmy Fallon Go Back To Camp For Nerdy Rendition of Third Eye Blind’s ‘Jumper': Watch