On Michel Bublè’s new album, To Be Loved, he wanted to recreate Phil Spector’s Wall Of Sound. He wanted to take some of the best soul songs from the Sixties and sing them, well, “the best way a white guy” could.
“I don’t know what other way to say it,” Bublè joked in a recent album teaser.
But in his new video for the Bee Gee’s “To Love Somebody” off his upcoming album, out April 23, Bublè ditched the sequined duds of Motown for ‘60s mod.
The Canadian crooner channels Robert Palmer with his own all-female backup band, all of which are outfitted in matching black and white geometric patterned dresses and white patent leather boots that are definitely meant for more than walking.
For his soulful reinterpretation, Bublè, in a white suit jacket, plays the part of a James Brown-like frontman, grabbing the mic and pleading, “You don’t know what it’s like to love somebody the way I love you.”
Check out the video for “To Love Somebody” below.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Why Did Drake Cut Kanye and Jay Z from ‘Views’?
- Justin Timberlake Pokes Fun at ‘It’s Gonna Be May’ Meme
- Who Are the Twins from Drake’s ‘Views’?
- Tom DeLonge on New Blink 182, Future with Band
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- Iggy Azalea’s Advice on Social Media Trolls: ‘Don’t Take the Bait’