On Michel Bublè’s new album, To Be Loved, he wanted to recreate Phil Spector’s Wall Of Sound. He wanted to take some of the best soul songs from the Sixties and sing them, well, “the best way a white guy” could.
“I don’t know what other way to say it,” Bublè joked in a recent album teaser.
But in his new video for the Bee Gee’s “To Love Somebody” off his upcoming album, out April 23, Bublè ditched the sequined duds of Motown for ‘60s mod.
The Canadian crooner channels Robert Palmer with his own all-female backup band, all of which are outfitted in matching black and white geometric patterned dresses and white patent leather boots that are definitely meant for more than walking.
For his soulful reinterpretation, Bublè, in a white suit jacket, plays the part of a James Brown-like frontman, grabbing the mic and pleading, “You don’t know what it’s like to love somebody the way I love you.”
Check out the video for “To Love Somebody” below.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Girlfriend Details Alleged Abuse
- Macklemore Reveals How He & Kesha Became Fast Friends
- Justin Bieber’s Tattoo Artist Details the Pop Star’s New Ink
- Niall Horan on Mom Being His Biggest Fan
- Katy Perry Crashes Wedding Reception in St. Louis
- Sam Smith: ‘I Feel Just as Much Woman as I am Man”