Beyoncé has officially been named an honorary chairperson at the 2013 Costume Institute Gala. The annual event, held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, is often called fashion’s Oscars with the rich and famous pulling out all the stops in honor of style.
While still unconfirmed, it’s likely Mrs. Carter will be joining co-chairs actress Rooney Mara, Italian fashion designer Riccardo Tisci, co-founder of online retailer Moda Operandi Lauren Santo Domingo and Vogue’s editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, who was recently named the artistic director of Condé Nast earlier this year, on the Gala’s receiving line.
As honorary chair, Beyoncé will take part in announcing this year’s Met Costume Institute exhibition on May 6, titled “Punk: Chaos to Couture,” which will take a look at punk’s impact on high fashion. This means you’ll see a photo of Sex Pistols’ deceased bassist Sid Vicious next to an editorial spread from designer Karl Lagerfeld.
Bey turned heads when she hit the red carpet fashionably late at last year’s gala, showing off her post-Blue Ivy figure in a sheer, form-fitting gown from Givenchy.
The exhibit at the Met opens on May 9 and runs through August 14.
– Joe Cingrana, Fresh 102.7/NYC
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay Not Performing Israeli-Palestinian Peace Concerts
- Stream Foo Fighters Concert Live Right Now!
- Oscars Secrets Revealed + the Truth About the Red Carpet
- Win Tickets To The Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience
- Ariana Grande’s Charm is ‘Dangerous’ in New York City
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2