Much has been said about Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s trip to Cuba, which coincided with the couple’s five-year wedding anniversary, but few seemed to do more than question the legality of the overseas journey. Enter Stacey Dash.
Dash, star of the 1995 cult hit film Clueless, took to Twitter Tuesday evening (April 9) to chime in on the First Family of Hip-Hop’s Cuba trip last week, flat-out calling the duo supporters of communism.
“Do you care that The Jay Z”s [sic] have taken the capital you have given them and funded a communist oppressive regime?” read the tweet, which has since garnered over 800 retweets and sparked an outpouring of conversation from her followers, mostly against the sentiment of her statement.
Travel to Cuba from the United States has been heavily restricted since the U.S. Trade Embargo in the 1960s, but Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s trip to the Caribbean island was reportedly a cultural visit, a sort-of loophole that is designated by the State Department as “people to people” travel. This didn’t stop many voices, including Florida Representatives Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Mario Diaz-Balart, from questioning whether or not the trip was legal at all.
Check out the full story on Radio.com.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Will Nicki Minaj Edit Music Video after London Terror Attacks?
- Will Nicki Minaj Edit ‘No Frauds’ Video after London Terror Attacks?
- Selena Gomez Shoots Footage of The Weeknd from Side of Stage
- Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, More Celebrate Elton John’s 70th Birthday Bash
- Watch Sia Sing About Songs on Adorable ‘Sesame Street’ Appearance
- Snoop Dogg to Induct Tupac into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame