Justin Timberlake Rocks The White House, Holds Top Spot On Chart
Justin Timberlake caused quite a tizzy at the White House on Tuesday (April 9). The “Suit & Tie” singer was visiting as part of an interactive student workshop called “Soulsville, USA: the History of Memphis Soul” and when First Lady Michelle Obama introduced him the kids went crazy.
She later used the Memphis, Tennesse native’s dedication as an example to all the students in attendance that working hard really does pay off.
“[When] Justin first started touring he would immediately go to the bus to watch a tape of his performance,” she told the crowd. “Taking notes so that the next night he would be even better.”
Alex Wong/Getty Images
It certainly worked. After just missing a million his first week on the Billboard 200 album chart, Timberlake has managed to hold the top spot since the release of The 20/20 Experience on March 15. This week he sold over 139,000 copies for a three-week total of 1,425,962 copies sold.
Later on Tuesday night, Timberlake performed the Otis Redding classic “(Sittin’ On) the Dock of the Bay,” for the First Family, who were reportedly singing along, as part of the “In Performance At The White House” series.
JT fans can watch his soulful performance, along with other acts including Mavis Staples, the Alabama Shakes and American Idol finalist Joshua Ledet, Tuesday, April 16 on PBS.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Ingrid Michaelson Looks To The Past For Inspiration On ‘Time Machine’
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence About Quitting One Direction, Plans Solo Career (Eventually)