Artists, regardless of the medium they work in, are always looking for a new way to express and display their work. For Justin Hager, that means combining multiple pieces of pop culture under puntastic titles.
Hager hosts the images on his eponymous tumblr, justinhager.tumblr.com part of art collective and design firm The Rip Off Artist, based in San Francisco. Hager has developed a great local following in part to galleries held at Bay Area establishments like Public Barber Salon, Four Barrel Coffee and the Benny Gold flagship store. But national notoriety came thanks to a reblog from Frank Ocean and Pitchfork’s tumblr for his piece “Beach Boyz N The Hood.”
Hager has over 100 pop culture mashups, including “Arsenio Hall & Oates”
And “Bread Savage”
But Hager’s work gained national notoriety thanks to a reblog from Frank Ocean and Pitchfork’s tumblr for his piece “Beach Boyz N The Hood,” gaining over 9,000 notes.
(h/t Daily Dot)
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’