Justin Hager Combines Music And Pop Culture In Mashup Art
Artists, regardless of the medium they work in, are always looking for a new way to express and display their work. For Justin Hager, that means combining multiple pieces of pop culture under puntastic titles.
Hager hosts the images on his eponymous tumblr, justinhager.tumblr.com part of art collective and design firm The Rip Off Artist, based in San Francisco. Hager has developed a great local following in part to galleries held at Bay Area establishments like Public Barber Salon, Four Barrel Coffee and the Benny Gold flagship store. But national notoriety came thanks to a reblog from Frank Ocean and Pitchfork’s tumblr for his piece “Beach Boyz N The Hood.”
Hager has over 100 pop culture mashups, including “Arsenio Hall & Oates”
And “Bread Savage”
But Hager’s work gained national notoriety thanks to a reblog from Frank Ocean and Pitchfork’s tumblr for his piece “Beach Boyz N The Hood,” gaining over 9,000 notes.
(h/t Daily Dot)
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Related Questions: Walk the Moon, ‘Shut Up and Dance’
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Taylor Swift Teases New Song ‘Never Go Out of Style’ in Target Commercial: Watch