Linda Perry, the songwriter and producer behind chart toppers like Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful,” is a pro at delivering hits. So when she proposed to girlfriend Sara Gilbert, co-host of CBS’s The Talk, a musical flash mob was the only way to go.
Gilbert announced the nuptials on Monday’s show (April 8), explaining that Perry brought her to a park for what she thought would be a quiet picnic. The unsuspecting Gilbert said that when a nearby street performer started playing one of their favorite songs, she thought it was a simple coincidence.
“I’m like, ‘Oh, that’s so weird, this is so magical and amazing,’” Gilbert recounted. “[Perry’s] like ‘Oh, I’m going to go ask him to play this other song.’ But the other song is really obscure and this guy wouldn’t know it. But magically he knows it.”
Perry’s proposal soon went from “magical” afternoon to full-blown Broadway musical as more passersby joined in on the song.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Have You Ever Received An Inappropriate Text Message at the Absolute Worst Time Ever?
- Paris Jackson Shares Photos with Godfather Macaulay Culkin
- Katy Perry Becomes Guy Fieri for Lookalike Day
- Bruno Mars Drops ‘That’s What I Like’ Remixes Featuring Gucci Mane, PARTYNEXTDOOR & Others
- Morris Day Shares ‘Over That Rainbow’ Video a Year after Prince Dies
- Zayn Malik and PARTYNEXTDOOR Release NSFW Video for ‘Still Got Time’