Linda Perry, the songwriter and producer behind chart toppers like Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful,” is a pro at delivering hits. So when she proposed to girlfriend Sara Gilbert, co-host of CBS’s The Talk, a musical flash mob was the only way to go.
Gilbert announced the nuptials on Monday’s show (April 8), explaining that Perry brought her to a park for what she thought would be a quiet picnic. The unsuspecting Gilbert said that when a nearby street performer started playing one of their favorite songs, she thought it was a simple coincidence.
“I’m like, ‘Oh, that’s so weird, this is so magical and amazing,’” Gilbert recounted. “[Perry’s] like ‘Oh, I’m going to go ask him to play this other song.’ But the other song is really obscure and this guy wouldn’t know it. But magically he knows it.”
Perry’s proposal soon went from “magical” afternoon to full-blown Broadway musical as more passersby joined in on the song.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Dave Grohl Talks Lyrical Inspiration, Shuts Down Adele, Taylor Swift Rumors
- Katy Perry to Host MTV Video Music Awards
- The Killers Share ‘Wonderful Wonderful’ Album Tracklist
- Hayley Williams Shares Unreleased Paramore Song ‘Temporary’
- Questionable Beauty Hack: Is This Genius Or Gross?
- Jennifer Lopez Sends Sugary Sweet Birthday Message to Alex Rodriguez