No More Monkeying Around: The Saga Of Justin Bieber’s Monkey, OG Mally
Justin Bieber has been known to monkey around a bit — he just turned 19 a little over a month ago, after all. But now it’s the singer’s new pet, a capuchin monkey named OG Mally (Original Gangster Mally, naturally), that’s making headlines — and for all the wrong reasons.
The pop star received the monkey, then 14 weeks old, as a birthday gift (he turned 19 on March 1) from producer Jamal Rashid (a.k.a. Mally Mall), who has worked with 2 Chainz, Yelawolf and more, according to his website’s bio. A month (and many Instagram photo shoots) later, Mally was seized by German officials at the Munich Airport after Bieber could not provide the proper documentation for bringing the animal into the country. Since, she’s been reportedly safe and sound in a Munich animal sanctuary, according to Germany’s Spiegel Online, which also revealed that, while the capuchin was “in good spirits,” she was also “constantly clinging to a toy stuffed cat.”
Read more at Radio.com
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together