Queens of the Stone Age refer to their first album in six years not as their return but as the start of something new: QOTSA 2.0. Their new album, …Like Clockwork, hits stores June 4 on the indie label Matador Records and features an assortment of collaborators including Dave Grohl, Trent Reznor, Elton John, original bassist Nick Olivieri and Scissors Sisters frontman Jake Shears.
Leading up to the new album, the band has teased fans with rotating song snippets posted to their website. Different clips could be heard by refreshing the page. They then went one step further by releasing a mockumentary on the making of the album, titled Secrets of the Sound.
Today, the band debuted the album’s first hard-hitting single, titled “My God Is The Sun” (stream below). Speaking to BBC 1 radio host Zane Lowe, frontman Josh Homme said today’s release felt “like a weight made of monkeys has been lifted off of my shoulders.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Backstreet Boys Announce Las Vegas Residency
- Miley Cyrus on ‘The Voice’: Not for Sob Stories, but to Find Great Talent
- The Weeknd Murders His Former Self in ‘Starboy’ Music Video
- Carson and Cane: Intern Anthony Spreads Love To Complete Strangers
- Kiiara on Her ‘Gold’ Message: ‘You Don’t Owe Anyone Anything’
- Twenty One Pilots Tapped for ‘Saturday Night Live’