Since the 2009 breakup of Oasis both Gallagher brothers have been eager to put their old act behind them. Both Noel and Liam have launched new projects but neither have quite found the success that they had together.
Liam struck first forming Beady Eye with fellow Oasis alums guitarists Gem Archer and Andy Bell. The group released their debut album Different Gear, Still Speeding in 2011 to mixed reaction from fans and critics. Meanwhile, the songwriting arm of Oasis, Noel launched Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds with a critically acclaimed self-titled record and tour in late 2011.
Now Liam and Beady Eye are back with a new single titled “Flick of the Eye.” The track is from a yet-to-be named second studio album currently being teased on their website as “BE 06.2013.”
“This is the record Oasis should have made after (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?,” Liam told NME in January. “I’m not saying it’s better than Be Here Now or it’s going to be this or that – I love Be Here Now, he added.
— Bradford Hornsby, LIVE 105, San Francisco
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift was ‘Distressed’ and ‘Violated’ by Alleged Groping
- Charlie Puth ‘Extremely Sick,’ Cancels ‘Don’t Talk’ Tour
- Miley Cyrus Hits Campaign Trail for Hillary Clinton
- Justin Bieber Walks Off Stage to Quiet Screaming UK Fans
- Drake Premieres 3 Tracks from New Project ‘More Life’
- Win Tickets To See Kings Of Leon At MSG