The Band Perry: Radio.com Essentials
Pioneer is a strong, confident move forward for the trio, mixing neo-traditional acoustic instrumentation and tinges of Southern Gothic heritage with a big, bold, radio-friendly sound that makes plentiful use of electric guitars.
As Kimberly Perry tells Radio.com, the bandmembers regularly feel that “the boldest forward is the right step forward.” And so on Pioneer, that boldness includes the instrumentation. “One thing that’s distinct from the first record,” Kimberly continues, “is we have a lot more electric guitars” on Pioneer.
In our Essentials profile, the Perry siblings talk about the process for recording Pioneer, which included working first on songwriting and song selection with Rick Rubin in L.A., and then turning back to Nashville to record and complete the album with producer Dann Huff.
“But both halves of that, the Rubin half and the Huff half, made this album happens,” says Kimberly.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog