Ed Sheeran made an appearance at City Winery in SOHO, NYC for an Up Close and Personal Q&A/performance with Fresh 102.7′s On-air personality Karen Carson along with some lucky Fresh listeners to discuss his move to Nashville, Tennessee.
Most people who either want to visit or move to America usually want to come to New York City – the center of music, fashion and commerce. They dream of skyscrapers, shopping centers and the hip nightclubs – after all, this is the city that ever sleeps.
But Sheeran prefers a different setting with a slower pace in order to gain what he feels is the quintessential American experience.
“When English people come to America, we do want to see the Empire State Building, we do want to see the Statue Of Liberty. We want to see stuff that’s quintessentially American. And you don’t necessarily find that in big cities ‘cause all big cities they have the tourism bits, but the people are just genuinely the same,” he said.
He rather relax on the country side. And who’d blame him after being on tour for two years including Taylor Swift‘s Red Tour – you’d want a break too.
“We all kind of hustle and bustle and we do our jobs. Whereas when you go out to the country side – you’ll find this when you go out into the country side in England as well – you meet quintessentially British people,” he said.
Sheeran’s initial trip to Music City definitely left a lasting impression on the singer.
“And in Nashville the first time I went there I was just hanging around with dudes in full denim suits and cowboy hats and they were carry jars that they spat into and would just talk out their mouth like this boy and spit in the jar,” said Sheeran as he added a southern twang to his voice. “When I’m in America I want to feel like I’m around the proper cowboy people.
Check Out Ed Sheeran’s Performance Of “Lego House”
Check Out Ed’s Medley Of “No Diggity” & “Thrift Shop”
- Does Ed Sheeran Have A Girlfriend?
- Ed Sheeran ‘Gets Down’ With Disco Fries In NYC
- Ed Sheeran’s Raps Jay-Z’s “Empire” Verse From Memory
- Ed Sheeran Talks Tattoos, Red Tour, 1D & More
-Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.7/NYC
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’