Taylor Swift is one of the biggest pop stars in the world right now, selling records by the millions and attracting fans across genres and formats. This comes thanks in large part to a nonstop string of hits from her four multiplatinum studio albums, including her latest release, Red. So it’s little wonder that she’s been nominated for Entertainer of the Year at the 2013 Academy of Country Music Awards which air this Sunday, April 7 on CBS.
Taylor was also last year’s ACM Entertainer of the Year, so some might call her the artist to beat among this year’s lineup.
See what led to her current ACM nomination in this installment of Inside the Entertainer of the Year.
Our panel of experts included Marci Braun and Drew Walker of Chicago’s US99.5; Dr. Don, Rachael Hunter, and Steve Grunwald of Detroit’s 99.5 WYCD; The Boot‘s Beville Dunkerley; Grady Smith and Leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly; Billboard‘s Joe Levy; author Alan Light (The Holy or the Broken: Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, and the Unlikely Ascent of “Hallelujah”); author and former Vibe editor Danyel Smith; and Radio.com’s Annie Reuter, Kurt Wolff, and Courtney Smith.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Artists Send Love to London after Parliament Attack
- Drake’s Latest Tattoo is a Portrait of an Iconic R&B Singer
- Rupert Grint Really is Ed Sheeran
- Ed Sheeran Honored by Songwriters Hall Of Fame
- Hell To the No!: NYC is Officially the Most Expensive City in the U.S.
- Nicki Minaj and David Guetta Join Forces again for ‘Light My Body Up’