fun. Get ‘One Night’ Photo Exhibit
2012 was, by any measure, a massive success for fun. While last year was marked with huge TV appearances and red carpets, so far 2013 is shaping up to be the band’s year of touring. Starting in July, they’ll be on the road with special guests Tegan & Sara through October.
Between now and then, the guys seem to be getting some well-deserved time off to relax. February 2013 was a big month, with their first-ever GRAMMY appearance and multiple nominations that culminated in a Song of the Year win for “We Are Young.” Just before that landmark event, on February 2, the guys stopped off in their hometown of New York City for another historic event: their first headlining show at Radio City Music Hall.
The band’s longtime friend (and guitarist Jack Antonoff’s former bandmate in Steel Train) Daniel Silbert documented the gig, from backstage to the view you never get from behind the stage, in photographs. He’s curated them into an exhibit of 17 photos, in a pop up gallery on New York City’s Lower East Side, for an exhibit called “One Night.”
“Its interesting because even bands that can sell out Madison Square Garden or stadiums — there’s just this different vibe when you play Radio City,” Silbert said in an interview with Radio.com. “You could tell that it was a special day.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Fans Call for Beyoncé to Boycott Dress Designer After Supposed Racist Comment
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch
- Interview: Gavin Rossdale on Bush, Gwen & Being Young and Dumb
- Taylor Swift Announces New Song ‘Welcome to New York': Listen to a Preview
- Coldplay to Release Live Album, DVD Called ‘Ghost Stories Live 2014′ This November
- Gwen Stefani Just Wants a Little Honesty on New Track, ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Listen