fun. Get ‘One Night’ Photo Exhibit
2012 was, by any measure, a massive success for fun. While last year was marked with huge TV appearances and red carpets, so far 2013 is shaping up to be the band’s year of touring. Starting in July, they’ll be on the road with special guests Tegan & Sara through October.
Between now and then, the guys seem to be getting some well-deserved time off to relax. February 2013 was a big month, with their first-ever GRAMMY appearance and multiple nominations that culminated in a Song of the Year win for “We Are Young.” Just before that landmark event, on February 2, the guys stopped off in their hometown of New York City for another historic event: their first headlining show at Radio City Music Hall.
The band’s longtime friend (and guitarist Jack Antonoff’s former bandmate in Steel Train) Daniel Silbert documented the gig, from backstage to the view you never get from behind the stage, in photographs. He’s curated them into an exhibit of 17 photos, in a pop up gallery on New York City’s Lower East Side, for an exhibit called “One Night.”
“Its interesting because even bands that can sell out Madison Square Garden or stadiums — there’s just this different vibe when you play Radio City,” Silbert said in an interview with Radio.com. “You could tell that it was a special day.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- U2 Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Found Dead in Los Angeles Hotel Room
- Cher Heads Up Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2015 Campaign: See Her Look
- The Weeknd’s New Music Video for ‘The Hills’ Starts Off with a Bang: Watch
- See Jennifer Lopez’s New Look… Before She Got Confetti Bombed
- Stream Jason Derulo’s New Album ‘Everything Is 4′
- Amy Schumer Tries To Defend Bill Cosby in the Court of Public Opinion: Watch