Since the 2012 MTV VMAs, Katy Perry and her stylist Johnny Wujeck have been cultivating a new, more sophisticated red carpet silhouette for the bombshell: the column gown.
“We go through phases,” Wujeck told InStyle. “It’s an evolution. We’ve done the young, playful, candy, cupcake thing and now she’s growing into a woman. We’re shaking it up.”
The column dress is a smart choice for Perry’s curves. While there was a marked difference between the appearance of the Gucci Resort keyhole dress on Katy Perry at the GRAMMYs was markedly more revealing than it was on the runway model, other dresses like the green Yves Saint Laurent and the navy Naeem Khan have been ideal looks for her.
It is, in fact, a far cry from the previous four years of Katy Perry fashion, where the singer favored knee-length or shorter dresses with a lot of flair in the form of sequins, bright colors, fur — as many embellishments as she could add.
Perry seems to look best in a fuller bottom column dress, but is able to pull of almost any neckline. We’ve seen her in long, sheer, free-flowing skirts many times and expect to see more this spring but would like see her add the fishtail gown to her repertoire. Among others, we’d love to see her in flowing ivory by Caroline Herrera and black lace fishtail from Zuhair Murad with nude paneling to allude to her curves.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Adele Shouts Out Leicester City After Premier League Victory
- Drake’s ‘Views’ Production Credits Broken Down
- Stone Temple Pilots Deny Auditioning Scott Stapp
- Watch Prince Cover David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ Weeks Prior to His Death
- Watch Kevin Hart, Big Sean and More Lip-Sync Rihanna’s ‘Work’
- Watch Jay-Z and Blue Ivy Dance Backstage During Beyoncé’s Formation Tour