Remember that time the New Kids On The Block smuggled cigarettes into a prison? They do. And so, we assume, do those lucky gentlemen who requested – and received – a visit from the now classic boy band during the peak of their popularity in the late ’80s/early ’90s. There’s no telling what stories and favors were shared over the gifts received from Danny, Donny, Jordan, Jonathan and Joey. If only the bars could talk.
Photos: NKOTB In Studio @ Fresh 102.7
When the New Kids sat down with Kim Berk at Fresh 102.7/NYC, they told their story about the strangest place they’ve ever been asked to perform.
“Prison,” said Donny Wahlberg confidently. “Mens,” he clarified.
“We turned it out too.. we rocked it out,” said Joey McIntyre. “Back in the day when we first got together… you kind of take whatever you can get. But we honestly always had a good spirit about it, and the prisons were… there were two!”
“Three shows in two prisons,” Donny joined in.
“We smuggled cigarettes in on one of them and threw them out into the crowd,” continued Joey. “That’s how we won that crowd over. Nowadays we would have never been able to do that.”
New Kids On The Block are currently promoting their brand new album, titled “10” and have a new single “Remix (I Like The)” which you can check out below.
- Jordan Knight On Justin Bieber: ‘He Has To See That There’s Consequences’
- Watch NKOTB Help Dancing Fan Come Out Of Her Shell
- NKOTB Meet Fans @ J&R Music World In NYC
- New Kids On The Block “10″ Record Release Party
–Joe Cingrana/Fresh 102.7
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: email@example.com >
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook >
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly