Walk Off the Earth made a name for themselves last year when they released their memorable cover of Gotye’s popular hit “Somebody That I Used To Know.” The No. 2 trending video on YouTube in 2012, the band kept their name on the map with their unique rendition of Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
Now they’re back with an original, titled “Red Hands” (Big Guitar Version) off their full-length R.E.V.O. On “Red Hands,” the five members of the Canadian band surround a massive guitar to strum, harmonize and provide some percussion. All the while they alternate vocals. At over one million views, it’s a video you have to watch to truly understand.
Walk Off the Earth’s Gianni Luminati explained the idea behind the song to NPR.
“‘Red Hands’ is pretty open to interpretation and will mean different things to different people. When we originally wrote the song, we were thinking about taking responsibility for your actions and standing up on your own when things go wrong rather than blaming other people around you. Sometimes you just have to accept the circumstances that are thrown your way without pointing the finger.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Brown Arrested Following Allegations of Threat with Gun
- Lena Dunham Discovers what Ariana Grande’s ‘Side to Side’ is About
- John Legend Proposes Changing National Anthem
- Jimmy Eat World Premiere New Song “Sure and Certain”
- Chris Brown Investigated by Police at Los Angeles Home
- Alicia Keys To Honor Clive Davis At 13th Annual Black Ball Benefit In NYC