Jordan Knight of New Kids on the Block knows a thing or two about being a teen idol. Though he’s past his adolescent heartthrob years now, Knight knows how overwhelming that experience can be — and he thinks the media should just lay off Justin Bieber.
In the last month, Bieber has collapsed on stage in London, cancelled a show in Portugal, fought with a paparazzo, vented on Instagram (killing two birds with one stone by also managing to insult Lindsay Lohan in the same rant) and most recently, he was investigated on battery charges by the L.A. County Sheriff after an alleged assault on a neighbor.
Though the press has had a field day dissecting all his wacky behavior, Knight told Boston radio station Mix 104.1 that the “Baby” singer’s reaction to all the attention he’s been receiving is understandable. Who wouldn’t get angry over all the tabloid scrutiny?
While Knight wasn’t all that familiar with the details of everything that has happened, he did hear about Bieber’s altercation with a paparazzi after being released from the hospital. Knight acknowledged that photographers and people from sites like TMZ will provoke celebrities into situations that will elicit angry reactions.
“What they didn’t show was what the paparazzi was saying to him before he went in,” Knight said. “[TMZ] go around with their cameras and ask you stupid questions or something that will make you mad.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Lana Del Rey Explains ‘Lust for Life’ Album Title to Stevie Nicks
- Watch Taylor Swift Congratulate Russell Westbrook on NBA MVP
- Drake Stars as Stephen Curry in ‘Get Out’ Parody
- Rihanna, Chance the Rapper and Katy Perry Named Internet’s Most Influential
- Shakira Announces El Dorado World Tour
- Calvin Harris Drops ‘Feels’ Video with Katy Perry, Pharrell, Big Sean