Beyonce & Andre 3000 Cover Amy Winehouse For ‘Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
“It’s a very different take on ‘Back to Black,’” an unnamed source from Interscope Records reportedly told E!.
Originally the moody title track to Winehouse’s last full-length (released during her lifetime, at least), “Back to Black” could be in for a hip-hop transformation from Bey and Andre.
It should come as little surprise that Beyonce is included on the Jay-Z-produced soundtrack album for The Great Gatsby, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey McGuire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher.
Considering Jay-Z’s knack for finding success on the charts, the update to the 1925 F. Scott Fitzgerald masterpiece could mean modern influences from the musical team. The rest of the soundtrack’s artists have yet to be announced, but Hova is expected to contribute some of his own music, according to Billboard.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy