Beyonce & Andre 3000 Cover Amy Winehouse For ‘Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
“It’s a very different take on ‘Back to Black,’” an unnamed source from Interscope Records reportedly told E!.
Originally the moody title track to Winehouse’s last full-length (released during her lifetime, at least), “Back to Black” could be in for a hip-hop transformation from Bey and Andre.
It should come as little surprise that Beyonce is included on the Jay-Z-produced soundtrack album for The Great Gatsby, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey McGuire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher.
Considering Jay-Z’s knack for finding success on the charts, the update to the 1925 F. Scott Fitzgerald masterpiece could mean modern influences from the musical team. The rest of the soundtrack’s artists have yet to be announced, but Hova is expected to contribute some of his own music, according to Billboard.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Neon Trees Relive Personal History for ‘First Things First’ Video
- Avril Lavigne Tries to Go Big in Japan for ‘Hello Kitty’ Video
- Watch A Great Big World Fall in Love, Long Distance in ‘Already Home’
- Lorde Postpones Upcoming Tour Due To Chest Infection
- Eminem, OutKast, Pearl Jam & Lorde to Headline Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Win Tickets To ‘Heathers The Musical’