Beyonce & Andre 3000 Cover Amy Winehouse For ‘Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
“It’s a very different take on ‘Back to Black,'” an unnamed source from Interscope Records reportedly told E!.
Originally the moody title track to Winehouse’s last full-length (released during her lifetime, at least), “Back to Black” could be in for a hip-hop transformation from Bey and Andre.
It should come as little surprise that Beyonce is included on the Jay-Z-produced soundtrack album for The Great Gatsby, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey McGuire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher.
Considering Jay-Z’s knack for finding success on the charts, the update to the 1925 F. Scott Fitzgerald masterpiece could mean modern influences from the musical team. The rest of the soundtrack’s artists have yet to be announced, but Hova is expected to contribute some of his own music, according to Billboard.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics