Beyonce & Andre 3000 Cover Amy Winehouse For ‘Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
“It’s a very different take on ‘Back to Black,'” an unnamed source from Interscope Records reportedly told E!.
Originally the moody title track to Winehouse’s last full-length (released during her lifetime, at least), “Back to Black” could be in for a hip-hop transformation from Bey and Andre.
It should come as little surprise that Beyonce is included on the Jay-Z-produced soundtrack album for The Great Gatsby, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey McGuire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher.
Considering Jay-Z’s knack for finding success on the charts, the update to the 1925 F. Scott Fitzgerald masterpiece could mean modern influences from the musical team. The rest of the soundtrack’s artists have yet to be announced, but Hova is expected to contribute some of his own music, according to Billboard.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together