Lollapalooza Announces 2013 Line-Up: The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Mumford & Sons, The Killers Top Bill
The line-up for this year’s Lollapalooza music festival has officially been announced, featuring headliners Nine Inch Nails, Mumford & Son, The Killers and The Cure, making their first-ever appearance at the fest.
“The first time I ran into Robert Smith of The Cure was 1997 in New York City,” said Perry Farrell, lead singer of Jane’s Addiction and the festival’s founder, in a press release. “We were both going into the same club; and it was Halloween. I was dressed as myself and so was he. I am so happy the Cure have finally arrived at Lolla in Chicago.”
The announcement was made more than a week ahead of the original release date of April 9 after the line-up was leaked when a poster revealing the acts hit the internet late last week.
While three-day passes (August 2-4) to this year’s festival are almost sold out, single day tickets are set to be released tomorrow (April 2) at 10 a.m. central time. Given the caliber of the line-up, they’re expected to sell out quickly.
Last year’s Lollapalooza festival, which featured Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jack White, Florence and the Machine and The Black Keys, was marked by a severe storm during the day of August 4 that forced organizers to clear Grant Park, although the show was able to resume a few hours later.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Gavin James Started From The Pubs In Dublin, Now He’s Here
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July
- ‘Stand by Me': Through the Years, from Ben E. King to Imagine Dragons
- Idina Menzel & James Corden Decided to Do ‘(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life’ & It Was Beautiful: Watch
- Adam Lambert’s ‘Ghost Town’ Gets TV Debut on ‘Ellen': Watch
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde All the Way to Her Eyebrows for ‘Wonderland': See the Cover