Lollapalooza Announces 2013 Line-Up: The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Mumford & Sons, The Killers Top Bill
The line-up for this year’s Lollapalooza music festival has officially been announced, featuring headliners Nine Inch Nails, Mumford & Son, The Killers and The Cure, making their first-ever appearance at the fest.
“The first time I ran into Robert Smith of The Cure was 1997 in New York City,” said Perry Farrell, lead singer of Jane’s Addiction and the festival’s founder, in a press release. “We were both going into the same club; and it was Halloween. I was dressed as myself and so was he. I am so happy the Cure have finally arrived at Lolla in Chicago.”
The announcement was made more than a week ahead of the original release date of April 9 after the line-up was leaked when a poster revealing the acts hit the internet late last week.
While three-day passes (August 2-4) to this year’s festival are almost sold out, single day tickets are set to be released tomorrow (April 2) at 10 a.m. central time. Given the caliber of the line-up, they’re expected to sell out quickly.
Last year’s Lollapalooza festival, which featured Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jack White, Florence and the Machine and The Black Keys, was marked by a severe storm during the day of August 4 that forced organizers to clear Grant Park, although the show was able to resume a few hours later.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Related Questions: Walk the Moon, ‘Shut Up and Dance’
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Taylor Swift Teases New Song ‘Never Go Out of Style’ in Target Commercial: Watch