‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Heads To Rehab, Girlfriend Lea Michele Shows Her Support
Cory Monteith, who plays Finn on Glee, has checked into rehab.
The actor’s rep told People on Sunday (March 31) that he had “voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction.”
“He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery,” his rep told the mag.
This is the 30-year-old actor’s second trip to rehab. He previously checked into a treatment center when he was 19. Monteith told Parade Magazine in 2011 that he made his struggles with substance abuse public in hopes to help others .
His girlfriend and fellow Glee co-star Lea Michele showed her support for her beau telling People, “I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision.”
The couple made their relationship public in April of last year.
There is no word yet if this will effect Monteith’s role on Glee for the remainder of this season.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again: Watch And Hear Why
- Single Again: The Verve Pipe – ‘The Freshmen’