Carly Rae Jepsen is taking fans into her songwriting world for her latest project.
In partnership with American Idol and Coca-Cola, Jepsen is allowing fans to choose the lyrics for her song “Take A Picture,” which she’ll perform on the season finale of American Idol on May 16. The eight-week project has different tasks for each fan every week leading up to her performance.
“It’s going to be this sort of mass collaboration with the fans, so basically it wasn’t just writing one song, it was like writing one song with three different versions,” Jepsen told Rolling Stone about the process. “It was like those storybooks where there are alternate endings. The whole concept was we would create a song that all of the elements of the performance could be voted on – the clothing the dancers wear, the background, the setting of the stage design, the lighting, everything. I liked the idea. I actually spent three days cooped up in my hotel room in the Bahamas, mapping out this idea of a song called ‘Take a Picture.’”
Read more at Radio.com
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Willie Nelson Teams Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Barbie Digital Makeover Mirror
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- New Jersey’s ‘Men In Kilts’: For ALL Of Your Handyman Needs!
- Classic Songs That Gained New Life In 2013