From the set of his video, Miguel live-streamed the announcement, along with Kendrick.
“I thought it would be really cool to incorporate the fans in a really big day,” Miguel said. “I’m really excited for everyone to see the visuals that we’ve come up with and put some thought into.”
Miguel said the union with the Compton rapper was important for reasons beyond the musical connection with an in-demand MC. He hopes to show how West Coast-based artists can work together. “Being from Los Angeles I’m really keen on working with artists from my hometown,” he said. “Most of them are my friends…”
Check out complete story and Miguel’s video announcement on Radio.com.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Do Better Looks Mean Better Grades For High School Students?
- Watch: Britney Spears Plugs Her Own Fragrance in ‘Perfume’ Video
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena
- Live: Rod Stewart Brings Vegas to Madison Square Garden
- Queen Biopic Finds its Star in Ben Whishaw