The same day Justin Timberlake‘s flashy falsetto shattered expectations with The 20/20 Experience, Brian McKnight quietly released the soul sounds of his latest studio album, More Than Words. While the light shines bright on Timberlake’s 20/20 (sold 968,000 in one week), McKnight’s classic R&B set sold 7,000 on the indy E-One Entertainment.
McKnight, who has been nominated for 16 GRAMMYs (received none), is accustomed to being overshadowed or overlooked by the mainstream. And when it comes to Justin Timberlake, he too understands the singer’s success and overall commercial appeal.
“I am very proud to have worked with him in the beginning and to see what he has evolved into on the stage, on the silver screen, and as he continues,” McKnight told Radio.com. “It’s pretty phenomenal to see that he’s been gone and comes right back you see where his passion is.”
Timberlake appeared on McKnight’s “My Kind Of Girl” from his 2001 album, Superhero. And the following year, he wrote and produced on Timberlake’s Justified. “Knowing him the way I do, he knows what hes doing,” said Brian McKnight.
Check out the entire story on Radio.com.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Passes To A Screening Of ‘Thor: Ragnarok’
- Justin Timberlake Set to Play Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Pop Royalty Shines at We Can Survive Benefit Concert
- Kesha Dedicates ‘We Can Survive’ Performance To Fan’s Mother
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Linkin Park Will Live Stream Chester Bennington Tribute Concert