Sara Bareilles is showing a stronger side of herself on her upcoming summer release. The full-length follow-up to 2010’s Kaleidoscope Heart, which was recorded in Los Angeles and New York, was inspired by her own life and addresses some of the demons she was battling with last year.
“I have never felt more open and more raw in my entire life,” Bareilles said in a statement. “2012 was a year of deconstruction for me personally. I have been confronting some of my greatest fears in the last handful of months and have been amazed at how empowered I can feel when I muster up the courage to turn and growl back at those monsters under the bed.”
Bareilles gives these monsters a new life on songs like “Brave,” the first single from the album, which drops April 23.
Although Bareilles didn’t go into detail of what her new music will sound like, she promises it will continue where last year’s more mature five-song EP, Once Upon Another Time, left off. But for fans looking for additional hints of what they can expect with this new one, Bareilles posted a short 22-second video on her website. In it she’s banging on the drums, twinkling the keys, fiddling with a few sound effects and singing her heart out in the studio.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Clears Social Media Accounts, Is New Music Coming?
- Kesha Covers ‘House of the Rising Sun’ on ‘Fallon’
- Miley Cyrus Pay Homage to Elvis in ‘Younger Now’ Video
- Artists Send Love to Barcelona in Wake of Terror Attack
- Demi Lovato Reveals She Still Talks to Her Exes
- According To Demi Lovato, An Ariana Grande Collaboration WILL Happen