The specially modified Fender Classic Series 72 Telecaster is being auctioned on charitybuzz.com, where it’s described as the axe Martin used to perform the song “God Put a Smile on Your Face” over the course of Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto Tour in 2012. The guitar comes in a special tuning, and features 2 Fender “Wide Range” Humbucking pick-ups that are connected directly to the output jack. What the guitar doesn’t have is tone, volume or pick-up switching controls.
Coldplay (@coldplay) March 25, 2013
Proceeds from the guitar auction will be divided between the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund and the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City. The high bid is currently at $10,000 (as of March 26), with 14 days to go until the auction closes on April 9.
Last December, Martin performed at the star-studded 12-12-12 Concert for Hurricane Sandy Relief, his acoustic set highlighted by a duet with former R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe on that band’s 1991 single, “Losing My Religion.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’