Mumford & Sons Announce Summer Tour
After taking this year’s coveted Album of the Year GRAMMY for sophomore album Babel, Mumford & Sons have announced a victory lap. British folk-rockers will play a slew of 2013 North American tour dates, including a stop at this year’s Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN, this June.
The tour, which opens on May 21 in Calgary, Canada, will feature opening acts Michael Kiwanuka and Mystery Jets. They’ll end the lengthy trek in with four Gentlemen of the Road Stopovers, Mumford & Sons’ mini-music fests featuring acts like Vampire Weekend, fun., Alabama Shakes, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and naturally, themselves.
Conspicuously missing from the band’s itinerary is any mention of this year’s Lollapalooza festival, after previous reports all but had them booked to headline the Chicago event. Mumford & Sons’ current schedule, however, has the group performing at the Osheaga Festival in France, alongside such acts as The Cure, New Order and Imagine Dragons over the same weekend.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Gwen Stefani Working with Pharrell on New Solo Album
- U2 Become Eligible for 2015 GRAMMYs by Releasing Limited-Edition ‘Songs of Innocence’ Vinyl
- Annie Lennox Talks Feminism, Calls Beyonce ‘Feminist Lite’
- Watch the Video for Paul McCartney & Wings’ ‘Call Me Back Again’
- New Found Glory Claims One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Copies One of Their Songs
- Adam Levine Goes Psycho in Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video: Watch