Mumford & Sons Announce Summer Tour
After taking this year’s coveted Album of the Year GRAMMY for sophomore album Babel, Mumford & Sons have announced a victory lap. British folk-rockers will play a slew of 2013 North American tour dates, including a stop at this year’s Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN, this June.
The tour, which opens on May 21 in Calgary, Canada, will feature opening acts Michael Kiwanuka and Mystery Jets. They’ll end the lengthy trek in with four Gentlemen of the Road Stopovers, Mumford & Sons’ mini-music fests featuring acts like Vampire Weekend, fun., Alabama Shakes, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and naturally, themselves.
Conspicuously missing from the band’s itinerary is any mention of this year’s Lollapalooza festival, after previous reports all but had them booked to headline the Chicago event. Mumford & Sons’ current schedule, however, has the group performing at the Osheaga Festival in France, alongside such acts as The Cure, New Order and Imagine Dragons over the same weekend.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Check Out Rihanna’s Sensual New Rogue Man Fragrance Ads
- Katy Perry Isn’t Part of the Illuminati — But She’d Like to Be
- Sam Smith’s Video for ‘I’m Not The Only One’ Gives Us a Very Sad Dianna Agron
- Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Could Be Yours For $50 Million
- Radiohead: Jonny Greenwood Announces Live Debut of ‘Water,’ Phil Selway Releases ‘Coming Up for Air’ Video
- Ne-Yo Sues Ex-Manager Who Allegedly Cheated Him Out of Over $4 Million