After taking this year’s coveted Album of the Year GRAMMY for sophomore album Babel, Mumford & Sons have announced a victory lap. British folk-rockers will play a slew of 2013 North American tour dates, including a stop at this year’s Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN, this June.
The tour, which opens on May 21 in Calgary, Canada, will feature opening acts Michael Kiwanuka and Mystery Jets. They’ll end the lengthy trek in with four Gentlemen of the Road Stopovers, Mumford & Sons’ mini-music fests featuring acts like Vampire Weekend, fun., Alabama Shakes, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and naturally, themselves.
Conspicuously missing from the band’s itinerary is any mention of this year’s Lollapalooza festival, after previous reports all but had them booked to headline the Chicago event. Mumford & Sons’ current schedule, however, has the group performing at the Osheaga Festival in France, alongside such acts as The Cure, New Order and Imagine Dragons over the same weekend.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Did Justin Bieber Trash Post Malone’s Dressing Room?
- Elvis Presley’s Stepbrother Claims His Death was No Accident
- DJ Khaled has Ridiculous Answers to Ridiculous Questions
- This Week on FM Magazine: Police Athletic League (PAL) NYC Summer Playstreets
- Some Prince DNA Claimants’ Documents will be Released
- Fergie’s Racy New Song ‘M.I.L.F. $’ is Here