When Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst announced his band had signed with Lil Wayne‘s Cash Money recording home in February 2012, fans and critics questioned the wisdom of the union. With the release of a new single, they provide answers.
Sunday (March 24) night, Limp Bizkit unveiled a new track, “Ready To Go,” from their forthcoming album Stampede of the Disco Elephants. The profanity-laden single offers a look into Limp Bizkit’s Cash Money direction, snagging a feature with in-demand rapper Lil Wayne.
The Polow Da Don-produced track plays up the rowdy sound that Limp Bizkit made famous in the ’90s. Durst’s in-your-face style is on full display as he refers to himself as the “motherf******* rock God” in his first line. The chorus further establishes his devil-may-care attitude.
“They say that rock s*** doesn’t rock anymore/…We drinking gin until we pass out and fall on the floor/ Is that your b**** because she telling me she ready to go”
Listen to the song here.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Daya Announces Headlining Tour Dates
- Lady Gaga Shares ‘Joanne’ Title Inspiration
- Win Tickets To See NeedToBreathe At The Beacon
- MTV Brings Back ‘TRL’ for One Day to Register Young Voters
- ‘On the Spot’ with Carson and Cane: How Much Does One Pound of Lemons Weigh?
- Could Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie Be the Next Celebrity Couple?