Limp Bizkit And Lil Wayne ‘Ready To Go’ With New Song
When Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst announced his band had signed with Lil Wayne‘s Cash Money recording home in February 2012, fans and critics questioned the wisdom of the union. With the release of a new single, they provide answers.
Sunday (March 24) night, Limp Bizkit unveiled a new track, “Ready To Go,” from their forthcoming album Stampede of the Disco Elephants. The profanity-laden single offers a look into Limp Bizkit’s Cash Money direction, snagging a feature with in-demand rapper Lil Wayne.
The Polow Da Don-produced track plays up the rowdy sound that Limp Bizkit made famous in the ’90s. Durst’s in-your-face style is on full display as he refers to himself as the “motherf******* rock God” in his first line. The chorus further establishes his devil-may-care attitude.
“They say that rock s*** doesn’t rock anymore/…We drinking gin until we pass out and fall on the floor/ Is that your b**** because she telling me she ready to go”
Listen to the song here.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Enter To Win: New York Zipline Adventures
- Miley Cyrus Banned From Performing in Dominican Republic
- Katy Perry and Riff Raff Team Up for ‘This Is How We Do (Remix)’
- Scott Weiland Locked Up In the Studio, Not Jail, Contrary to Previous Reports
- British Band You Me at Six is Happy to Pay to Play Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake It Off’ Video Director Mark Romanek Fires Back at Racism Allegations