Limp Bizkit And Lil Wayne ‘Ready To Go’ With New Song
When Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst announced his band had signed with Lil Wayne‘s Cash Money recording home in February 2012, fans and critics questioned the wisdom of the union. With the release of a new single, they provide answers.
Sunday (March 24) night, Limp Bizkit unveiled a new track, “Ready To Go,” from their forthcoming album Stampede of the Disco Elephants. The profanity-laden single offers a look into Limp Bizkit’s Cash Money direction, snagging a feature with in-demand rapper Lil Wayne.
The Polow Da Don-produced track plays up the rowdy sound that Limp Bizkit made famous in the ’90s. Durst’s in-your-face style is on full display as he refers to himself as the “motherf******* rock God” in his first line. The chorus further establishes his devil-may-care attitude.
“They say that rock s*** doesn’t rock anymore/…We drinking gin until we pass out and fall on the floor/ Is that your b**** because she telling me she ready to go”
Listen to the song here.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Maroon 5 Finally Find More Than a Friend in ‘It Was Always You’
- Single Again: Eve 6 – ‘Inside Out’
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Join Forces for Sassy New Song ‘Bang Bang’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Q&A: La Roux Faces Sexism Amid Her Summery, ’70s Sci-Fi Album ‘Trouble In Paradise’